11 April 2021

Dash and Wayne

 Bonus scene from the start of Confounded


“And you have a phone call on line number one from Wayne.”

“Damn it.”

“Have fun.” Jason headed for the door.

“And cancel my morning appointments.”

“Yes, sir.” The door shut.

Taking a sip, Dash picked up the phone. “Yeah.”

“Yeah? Dash, honey, just yeah? I’m shocked.”

“Wayne, what do you want?”

“Well, aren’t we rude? If you end up sleeping with your hand…”

Dash cut his lover off, “Wayne, I’ve got a hundred things to do, and George isn’t available to do the test on the bike, and I have to take over.”

“Fine. About dinner tonight…”

“That’s been canceled.”

“What? I have a brand new outfit for that dinner and I spent a lot of money on my hair.”

“Wayne, I didn’t invite you along.”

“You need at least someone to help you represent the pack. And it isn’t like they don’t know you are gay and we’re a couple.”

“It was canceled.”

“Why?”

“It can’t be helped.”

A loud sigh greeted him. “Okay. I’ll make sure you get the bill. Do you want me to cancel the arrangements we made?”

“For what?”

“For the limo.”

“What limo?”

“The limo for the party. I ordered it.”

“Wayne, for gods sakes, you weren’t invited. Why?”

“Because you’re the Alpha. We can’t just show up in that ratty old jeep of yours.”

“Wayne…”

“We need to uphold our image with the other pack and the Northwestern Pack.”

“Just cancel it.” Dash ground out.

“Fine.” Wayne slammed the phone down in his ear.

Dash hung the phone up. Wayne was getting way too pushy. He wasn’t the Alpha Mate, nor would he ever be. Maybe it was time to look elsewhere, before Wayne got more attached. So much for friends with benefits.





Where’s my Staff Sergeant

 For Rainbow Snippets Gunny headed for Sick Bay. Gunny leaned over the desk. “I’m looking for Cato.” The corpsman looked up. Noting Gunny’s ...